Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Awake

It's when I'm driving home and the sun is just about to sneak behind the mountains that everything gets put into perspective for me. That's when I realize that no matter how my day goes, no matter what it is I spend my time doing, the sun will still rise in the morning and set in the evening. I spend a lot of time telling people, "life is going to keep moving whether you want it to or not" or "your life is going on around you and you need to be present in it because you're missing out on your own life". I say those words over and over but it isn't until the sun sets that I really listen to what they mean. It isn't until an orange sky shines through my car windows that I actually hear what I'm always trying to instill in people. 
This is it.. This is my life. These are the
moments that count, that really make a difference and I often times forget to live through them. I forget to be alive in my own life. 
So as the sun finally drops behind the mountains I take a deep breath and remember that living isn't always just getting up in the morning and functioning. It's the actual act of feeling alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment