Friday, July 23, 2010

Ready. Set. Alone.

I am learning to do things by myself. For as long as I can remember I have never been able to do or go anywhere by myself. I would get genuinely upset when I had to ride in my car alone or show up somewhere by myself. I would decide against going to the store to buy shampoo, even if I had already run out, just because I couldn't find anyone to ride along.
Now, I am forced to do things alone. Drive to work, to classes and to social events because the people around me are growing into their own lives and in all reality don't have time anymore to worry about if my shampoo bottles will still be empty by the end of the day.
I'm ready to grow into my life. I want to learn how to appreciate the time spent with myself. I'm ready to branch off and start a life I can actually call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment